There’s no denying the freezing cold weather now; as temperatures continue to plummet across North America and most of Europe, it can only mean one thing… Winter is most definitely here!
Officially, the meteorological winter begins on the 1st of December, while the astronomical winter will start this year on the 21st of December, at 11:48pm EST.
To prepare yourself for the season, here are eight key signs of winter to look out for in the weeks ahead:
1. You start drowning yourself in cozy layers
Technically it’s fashion forward as you have a new outfit change every time you go inside.
2. Staying indoors all weekend becomes more acceptable and a whole lot more tempting…
Netflix, hot chocolate, hot water bottle (and chill).
3. The high street becomes a mesmerizing yet dangerous place
The lights are blinding and every shopper’s got that crazy look in their eye.
4. Supermarkets and eateries start stocking hearty, wholesome winter grub
5. And y’know, you can eat a whole lot more as you need those calories to keep warm!
6. The skies start getting darker and the stars shine brighter
7. You get that niggling urge to visit family and friends
Aka a family reunion is organised and you have to attend.
8. And if you’re very lucky, you might even see some snow
Green Islands, 1954, part 6 – London park covered in snow, snowball fights / London Metropolitan Archives, City of London / Bridgeman Footage
Look out for kangaroos and deer as well…
Find out More
Images and Licensing
Get in touch with the Bridgeman team on email@example.com with enquiries about image research, licensing and clearing copyright.